Trust Income Mortgages
Get in Touch
What is Trust income?
- You are receiving some form of income from a Trust.
- Trust mortgage lending is assessed differently depending on whether Trust income is your sole source of income or secondary form of income (you may also be employed / self-employed).
How lenders assess a Trust income mortgage
- If your Trust income is secondary income, some lenders will consider all your Trust income, some half and some none.
- Some lenders will want to see bank statements or if Trust income is your sole source of income you may need evidence of income from the Trustees.
- If Trust income is taxable income you may need evidence via tax returns or accounts.
- A consistent track record of income is important.
- Trust income may be receivable monthly but is often paid quarterly or annually.
- There are examples of Trust income mortgages being approved with a 5% or 10% deposit, however, a 25%-30% deposit requirement may be more typical.
- There are also some instances where lending against the Trust directly may be easier than lending against the property.
- Affordability criteria applies, and a specialist trust mortgage lending may be the best option.
- We work for you to present your case to the most suitable lender for a positive outcome
How much can I borrow with a Trust income mortgage?
The short answer is, about four and a half times your income.
But some lenders may offer as much as five and a half times your income.
Your Borrowing = 4.5 to 5.5 x your income
A simple example:
Trust Income tax paid at source
Trust income = £100,000 x 4.5 = £450,000
Trust Income gross
Trust income = £170,000 (PAYE) x 4.5 = £765,000
- You can see that how much you are able to borrow for a mortgage with Trust Income depends on the lender and how they assess your Trust income.
- This is why it is essential to talk to the right lender at the outset to ensure you get the right outcome.
- The team are very skilled and experienced in dealing with this type of mortgage with Trust income so please do get in contact and we’ll ensure you get the right outcome in as stress free a way as possible.
How much does a Trust income mortgage cost?
- A mortgage based on trust income may attract higher trust income mortgage rates.
- Check with your mortgage broker on the current trust income mortgage rates.
- Depending on your situation, some of the high street banks offer keenly priced options but as above, it depends on the type and level of your income
Essential to talk to a Trust income mortgage broker
- It is essential to talk to a broker that has access to the whole market and experience of Trust mortgage lending.
- We have access to lenders, products, and underwriters that the general public simply do not.
- We can advise you on your mortgage with Trust income approval.
Speak To An Expert
Our key aims are to fully understand what you are looking to achieve, create a solution tailored to your needs, deliver results through an excellent service and build a relationship for life.
Your Trust income mortgage structure
One of the first things to consider is your repayment vehicle.
Do you want to opt for?
- a repayment loan?
- an interest only loan?
- part & part which is a combination of the two?
What is a Repayment mortgage?
- You make monthly payments and at the end of the term the loan is repaid.
- With a repayment mortgage the monthly payments are higher but with less risk.
What is an Interest Only mortgage?
- You simply pay the interest on the mortgage loan and look to pay off the loan later with say, the sale of property, investments, or bonuses.
- With an interest-only mortgage the monthly repayments are lower but is assessed as higher risk.
Your mortgage product
You will also need to consider which type of mortgage product is best for you as this determines your monthly payments.
- Fixed Rate Mortgage. Your repayments are set for 2,5, 10 years.
- Variable mortgage. This is sometimes cheaper, but the rate can go up or down depending on the market and is often penalty free if you want to remortgage.
Rather than asking how much it will cost, consider how much can you afford. Your broker will then structure your mortgage appropriately, based on your risk profile.
What Trust income mortgage rates can I get?
- The actual Trust income mortgage interest rate you will be offered will be dependent on your personal circumstance and deposit level.
- Therefore, think about how much you want to spend each month on your mortgage repayments.
- We have access to a range of lenders in the market, and we have access to exclusive mortgage rates.
How much deposit do I need for a Trust income mortgage?
- The long answer is that it is dependent on your circumstances: purchase price, income, and property type.
- The short answer is – about 15%
- Lenders consider you a low-risk buyer when you put down a 25% deposit or more.
As you can see above, if you are looking for a mortgage based on trust income, your application may not be straightforward. It could require specialist help to get your mortgage approved.
We specialise in this area, so would encourage you to speak to one of the Team just to see what your options are before progressing too far with an application. This will ensure you get a smooth experience when understanding your trust income mortgage qualification.
As a top-rated London mortgage broker, we are here to guide you every step of the way.
- Your dedicated mortgage broker will provide you with detailed, personalised advice on how much you can borrow and source exclusive mortgage deals.
- In today’s mortgage market, each borrower is assessed on their individual affordability merits. Once we have talked through your personal circumstances, we will advise you on Trust income mortgage interest rates suitable for you.
- This means you get the right advice on the trust income to qualify for mortgage for your circumstances.
How We Can Help
As you can see above, the more complex the income, the more help you often need to be approved for your mortgage.
We specialise in this area, so would encourage you to speak to one of The Team. We can advise you on what your options are before progressing too far with an application. This will ensure you get a smooth experience when applying for your Trust income mortgage.
For Trust income friendly mortgages
Rose Capital Partners takes the time to understand your mortgage goals to secure the optimal mortgage deals for you.
- Our mortgage advice is second to none.
- We will advise you on a mortgage based on trust income appropriate for you.
- Our aim is to maximise your borrowing potential, minimise your monthly payments and work with you throughout the lifecycle of the loan to manage down the mortgage.
- You are treated as a valued client, not a transaction, and dealt with by an experienced, empathetic person, not an algorithm.
- We have access to competitive deals and with no affiliation to third parties.
- We will always act in the best interests of you, our clients, to give you the best mortgage advice possible to achieve the right mortgage for your life’s goals.
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.